Have your club represented at Fencing Masters NYC and your fencers can win a chance to fence Olympic Champions Aldo Montano or Nicholas Lopez!
Here’s how it works: (and we could really use your support!)
As a local tournament organizer, you’d designate a local event a Fencing Masters qualifying event (In Sept or Oct), and charge an extra $40 per person.
For this $40, entrants get:
* a ticket to the Fencing Masters NYC A tournament with top fencers in men’s saber (Montano, Lopez,
* the top 8 of this qualifying event get a NY FM t-shirt
* the winner of this qualifier gets to fence in the Club Champion’s Tournament on Nov. 17, in New York during the Expo leading up to the round of 8 finals for the FM NY
(Competitors in the 8: Montano, Lopez, Marti, O’connell, Homer, Morehouse, Igoe and THE QUALIFIER)
* supporting clubs are listed on the FMNYC web site and can have a booth at the FMNYC event
* local winners will also be recognized on stage and on television at the event
The FMNY is looking to donate close to 25grand to TEAM USA Olympic hopefuls pending our ability to raise the money with ticket sales and donations! List of supported athletes will be posted in the near future on our website when it launches.
The FM NY will be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom (2,000 spectators) on Nov. 17th and we’re looking to air it on national television on Versus. We already have an offer to air it pending our ability to fund TV Production costs. This tournament is a promotional event for fencing where we will also look to help support our US Olympic Team.
We need your help and my goal is that this event will be the start of taking fencing to a new place!